WHAT IS THE VIAL OF LIFE PROGRAM?
The Vial of Life is a medical history document that provides crucial personal and medical history in case of an emergency. The documents provide paramedics and firefighters with crucial personal and medical information that will speak for you if you are unable to communicate in the event of an emergency.
HOW DO I USE THE VIAL OF LIFE?
There are four easy steps to using the Vial of Life.
1. Fill out the information completely; making sure it is current and legible.
2. Fold and roll the completed information form and place it in the plastic vial.
Note: (If you have a “Do Not Resuscitate” (DNR) form, be sure to attach a copy.)
3. Place the vial containing your medical information on the top shelf of your refrigerator door.
4. Place the Vial of Life sticker on your front door.
* You can keep an additional Vial of Life in the glove compartment of your car.
HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO UPDATE THE INFORMATION?
The Vial of Life will only work if the information is accurate and complete. Click here to download a new Vial of Life insert 2013
You can also call:
11566 D Avenue
Auburn, CA 95603
The Vial of Life Program in Placer County is a collaborative program of:
American Medical Response Penryn Fire Protection District
Auburn Fire Department Placer Consolidated Fire District
CDF/Placer County Fire Placer Fire Protection District
Lincoln Fire Department Rocklin Fire Department
Loomis Fire Protection District Roseville City Fire Department
Newcastle Fire Protection District South Placer Fire Protection District
Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital
Sutter Roseville Medical Center